Interesting doors- what to do??

This story actually begins about 2 years ago. I was driving along when I saw a sign that said "Free Barn Doors" with these 2 interesting doors next to the sign. When I got out to look at them I found them quite charming. First, I LOVE arched doors. And the height on these was amazing! Of course I couldn't pass them up. Not only were they super interesting, but they were free! Now at the time, I had no idea what I was gonna do with them, but I just knew I had to have them. So they sat in garage storage for the past few years at my mom's house. Today I finally brought them home and decided the time has come to do something with these. So my blog buddies, I need your help. I am looking for ideas of what I should do with these awesome doors. They are quite dirty and dusty and somehow I must clean them up. They do not have any water damage or any warps or mold or mildew (even though it may look like it in some of the pics-the bottoms of them are just dirtier than the rest of them). They are actually in quite good condition apart from the dirt and dust. The hardware is quite rusty which I happen to like. They are also quite tall. I am pretty sure they were indoor doors and not meant for outside. I don't know if they were once in a barn or not, as I have never seen any doors quite like these before. Any ideas on what I should do with them? Paint them? Stain them? Clean them and leave them? If you had found them what would you do with them (assuming you would have even stopped to look!)? Comments welcome!





I am linking up to vintagerevivals.blogspot.com for "Look what I found Fridays"

Comments

  1. My face must be turning green with envy as I drool over those lovely doors. And for free!! Friends of mine - who have lots of cash and a big house - have some similar doors that they bought somewhere in Belgium, and they have made them into closet doors in their hall. They have been painted with a transparent white colour wash, and the rusty parts have been left, and they look good. Your doors are much nicer though, have fun, whatever you do with them! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would look great with a turquoise wash over them and just propped against the wall in a dining room. Check out this

    http://www.mariesmaison.com/2011/05/new-things-old-things-blue-things-poll.html

    as an example. Love the doors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are appreciated.

Popular Posts